Welcome! I hope you find something you like!

Welcome to pamconyeaphotography! I am an amateur photographer, experimenting and learning each day. I love to find something simple and ordinary, and make it exceptionally beautiful! I hope you enjoy following me in my journey that is life through photographs!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Awestruck..having or showing a feeling of mixed reverence and respect and wonder.

Hello everyone!  I am so excited to finally share these photos and the stories behind them.  These are not so much the type of photos I usually take, but I am as mentioned in previous posts, I am trying to venture out a bit and broaden my style.  Again, my area in Kentucky was recently hit with a very minor snow and icing.  There was barely an inch on the ground, but it was apparently enough my school district decided to cancel school, and being a teacher, I too got a day off.  I had been thinking about a shoot like this for a while, but as I was sitting on my couch for the third straight morning, I decided I was going to seize the moment!  I was planning an adventure through my grandparent's land/farm/woods.  There are substantial hills, many creeks, bluffs, huge rock/cliff type formations, so I knew I was in for a visual treat.  When I was a child, up until around 10 years old, my grandparents, known to me as Mamaw and Papaw would hike through these woods daily, and when I visited, that was one of the most fun things I can remember doing.  We used to go to an area they had named "Dripping Springs."  In the winter, this area would freeze and form beautiful icicles, spanning a huge amount in size.  I remember this, and immediately knew this is where I was going.   Another sort of comical aspect to this day, funny while functional, was my attire.  On this day, the temperature high was in the 20's.  The temperature, when I got out of Randal's truck, was 19...Anyone who knows me, knows I despise being cold...SO...my Dad lent me his coveralls and rubber boots...needless to say, I was carrying an extra 20 pounds at least, including my backpack...which worked out as a great addition to the exercise I would be getting!  Truly it was an amazing day all around.  It is not often that you get to look at things so visually pleasing, just downright good for the soul, and something that you cannot find the words to describe.  When I saw the ice at Dripping Springs, I was utterly and completely "awestruck."  The photographer in me was almost overwhelmed at the artistic possibilities, the human in me was just overcome with just how beautiful this sight was.  Simply breathtaking.  It is not something you see in person very often, and to think all this time, probably most every winter I could have gone there...It is funny too, how life guides you to these things, at what seems like purposefully appropriate times...I walked away from this day with so much more than I started with...I hope you enjoy the pictures!   I tried to photograph what I saw in an artistic manner, and add an aspect of my ever-changing/growing style and creativity to coincide with the natural beauty of nature.  


This is the first view I had of the beautiful ice...

Forever frozen in time...


A different viewpoint...

The drips that haven't frozen yet... 

Shadows on frozen waters...nice..

I could have sat here all day...so nice!

I love the detail on this...attn. to detail always! Powdery snow....

Last look...had to leave...hoping to come back....

This is very special to me...carved when I was little-say 10 or younger....still found this left out there...NICE!  PLK...un-married initials...

This was a creek (same woods, totally different area) that we used to play in...under a bluff...while hotdogs cooked...nice memory...

These next few photos are inspired from other photographers I  follow...






LOVE this one...one of my all time faves...

Close second!

Love photographing berries!

Here we were, in the middle of nowhere...I look down and here is this OL D tire...had to capture it!


For my father in law...this was actually in south Todd Co...I love photographing this bridge/creek!

Again, my favorite barn, different lens, length, and perspective!
                  Goodnight friends...Seize the moment...I hope you enjoy...
                                                                                 -Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment