Welcome! I hope you find something you like!

Welcome to pamconyeaphotography! I am an amateur photographer, experimenting and learning each day. I love to find something simple and ordinary, and make it exceptionally beautiful! I hope you enjoy following me in my journey that is life through photographs!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Experiment

As winter is quickly approaching...my photography is limited-due to most of what I like to photograph is outside, I am not set up with the proper equipment, and I don't like to be cold.  Last year I dabbled in makeshift lighting and diffusers, different ways to make backdrops, etc.  I was not satisfied with hardly any of the pictures I took, but none-the-less, I was taking pictures, so I was happy.  Yesterday it occurred to me I had not taken any nice pictures of my own children since I had gotten my new camera (September), and I had been itching on setting up my so-called studio again, so why not!  I spent a couple of hours Friday night researching how to better use my flash, and some different set-ups for my studio...Yeah, that is how I do Friday nights!   I took a black sheet and hung it on a wall with pushpins in my girls' playroom.  I laid another black sheet on the floor.  I took two lamps with mutli-arms to move around and put them on both sides of the black sheet, and I have a row of overhead lights above.  I took several pieces of white material on the ceiling and side walls to bounce my flash off of...Wow-can we say poor gal studio :)  I gathered up several pieces, to put around to make it look semi-Christmas-like and told Sydney to throw on her Christmas dress, so I could try some things out...two hours later I had their Christmas pictures complete, some of the my best indoor photography, IMO, and a new found excitement about some Winter photography opportunities :)  Granted, these pictures have a lot of room for improvement, but  I think I may have something to work with!  I love to buy fresh flowers to photograph, and now I can continually work on my flower photography!   Anyhow, here are a few to look at.  










Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment